Tuesday, March 13, 2007

RSS, etc.......

Truthfully, these exercises take WAY longer than anticipated. Must be my slow brain cells. Anyway, I subscribed to 2 RSS feeds, 2 co-worker blogs, the KCLS Leaning 2.0 feed and 1 of the library-themed feeds (from the Reader's Club New Review feeds). That's a lot of looking, wandering and deciding. And, I'm not sure how often I'll use it. On a personal note, I like to go to certain news sites for my daily information. Can't think how RSS will help that. It's way too condensed for my eclectic tastes; and, not visually oriented. I like the whole spread of a good website. It's just easier for me to go to my websites than enter a list on bloglines. Professionally, I can't think of a way to incorporate into helping or informing patrons. Maybe my co-workers have some ideas.

3 comments:

johnsheller said...

Hey i just added your blog to my bloglines RSS feeds, you are hereby obligated to be interesting.
Only kidding!
John / Federal Way

Talking Story said...

Hi John,

Wow, talk about adding to the "pressure"! So far it's just been pretty much nuts and bolts. One blog a week. I am working this weekend, so I was thinking of trying to add some interesting stuff....

Snoodle said...

I agree that RSS feeds could be more visually attractive. As much as I find aggregators useful, I miss the graphic design of the original websites. As much as I like lists, reading the feeds in this form makes me mix up the content--it requires an effort to remember who said what because all the content appears uniformly.