Thursday, April 26, 2007

A 'Googlin We Shall Go

Labs... Makes me think of mad scientists with wild, wacky hair working into the dead of night. Trying to to come up with that "eureka" moment.
But, I guess if you are in "perpetual beta" that moment may never come.

I sauntered around Google Mars, just 'cause I wanted to visit outer space for a bit. It was mostly very colorful maps and links to NASA articles. Fun.

Google Trends just puzzled me a bit. I decided to compare "lollipops" and "mp3 players". Charts popped up, and links to articles about these subjects. "Candymakers, hemp advocates debate over marijuana-flavored lollipops" and "Narcotic lollipops new drug hitting Philadelphia streets". Hmm; I notice a trend there, even though the articles are years old. The mp3 stuff was more mundane. The problem that I had with the charts was that there was no context. What do they mean; there was no scale given at all. Not really useful.

No comments: