Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Searchin'

As per usual, I bumbled around a bit with this next exercise. I played around with searching (via "KCLS & Neighbors") in both Rollyo and Google. Truthfully, I just didn't feel comfortable with Rollyo. I didn't like the format in which the search results were posted. Probably just a preference. I'm so used to the look and feel of Google searches that I could relate to those results much better.

As for potential uses -- well, I draw a blank there. I guess just to gather together, under one umbrella, the search results for a specific thread. Could be used for assignments, or readers' advisory, or somesuch.

I linked a Google custom search tool to my blog. It pulls together some web sites pertaining to an upcoming trip that I'll be taking -- to Machu Picchu, the Galapagos and parts of the Amazon.

No comments: