Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Wiki Wiki

I lived on Maui for 10 years; so wiki-wiki will always mean "hurry up" to me. Of course, I went on super-drive to get through this exercise (#15). And, I'll probably wiki-wiki through this narrative also....

I've been familiar with and enjoyed Wikipedia for a while now. It's really fun to wander around, linking all over the site. You can find some interesting, if not authoritative, stuff there. Of the wiki links from this exercise, my favorite was the Book Lovers Wiki. It's a small site, but a nice application of book club reviews and insights. I can see how this could be a template for usage at any library. There are, of course, many wiki roads that could be followed in a library setting -- book talks, internal staff info., storytime theme exchange, etc.

I'm ending now because it's dinner time and I have to get out to the Info Desk right after that. Wiki-wiki........

1 comment:

Snoodle said...

Ah, Maui...brings back memories of strawberry guri-guri ice cream!